We found out yesterday, June 30, that I am pregnant!!!!! With Triplets!!!!!!!! It was such an amazing experience. I am so thankful. I feel we are so blessed and I want nothing more than for these babies to be ok and for us to meet them. Since I did not keep this blog updated during our cycle, I will try and recount....
We ended up triggering on May 28, after two nights of coasting. The last follie check was on Tuesday, May 26. At the time of the ultrasound, Nurse K said that I only had one dominant follicle, at 17 on my right ovary. She couldn't see the left ovary so we don't know what I had going on there. I believe the rest of the follicles were between 10-14, the ones she saw anyway. I cried when she said I would have only one follie because I was so scared of the cycle not working.
We triggered and things went well. I was very very sore. I tested one day earlier than my normal test date. I tested first on June 10, 13dp trigger shot/about 11dpo, that evening after work. A light pink line popped up immediately!! I tested again that next morning, and it looked to be slightly darker. However, I had some brown spotting, so I of course was so scared, I feared it was over before it began. I called and got the orders for the beta. The first beta, drawn on Thursday, June 11 came back at 165!! We were very excited!! Second beta, drawn on Saturday, June 13, came back at 292. It almost doubled. Progesterone was wonderful at 146. So that is how we found out we were pregnant. I of course was scared & nervous and DH was determine to remain positive. He has always been my rock & always tells me that we will be ok, no matter what. I can't remember when exactly, but I think it was in the first week, or maybe about a week after, that I vomited for the first time. :)
I have been nauseous on and off the whole time. This morning, Wednesday, July 1, I threw up for my second time. All the prune juice that I had drank earlier in the morning came up. Woops.
Now for the really exciting part....We had our first ultrasound yesterday and received the much welcomed shock of our life. Not only is it a shock because of how many we have, but we really thought we were going to get terrible news. I started spotting red & brown on Friday June 26. I had that sick, sinking feeling in my stomach. All I could do was ask God not to take this one from us too. Then, as we were getting ready to eat dinner on Monday, June 29, the night before our ultrasound, I had a huge gush of red blood & a few clots. I was heartbroken & hated this familiar feeling. I cried & cried and couldn't understand why it kept happening to us. My wonderful husband held me and told me it would be ok, that we would not give up.
So that morning, though I had prayed for a miracle, I was prepared for the worst. We went into the room with Nurse M and I told her about the bleeding. I started crying and we hugged. Then she started the ultrasound. To our wonderful surprise, three little babies with three beautiful heartbeats popped up on the screen. My husband cried so much, it was so beautiful. I can't express how grateful I am for these miracles we have been given. I just want to keep them safe. My nurse thought she saw a source of the bleeding. It looked to be a possible fourth sac that didn't develop or a possible hematoma. As the ultrasound proceeded, it was harder & harder to see it. She & our Dr. said that the bleeding from it shouldn't hurt the babies. Everyone in the office was so happy for us. We got hugs all around. Doc told us about the risks which are very scary but we can not focus on the bad things. We have to believe that these babies will be ok.
Some stats on our babies: Baby A is measuring at 6w2days, Baby B & C at 6w1d and my nurse said that you usually + or - two days to those. We didn't get exact heart beat measurements, but she said they are all over 100, which I think she said is good. I was supposed to be 6w3d yesterday, based on when we triggered.
We go back for another appointment on Thursday, July 9 at 8:45am. I should be about 7w4d by then. I am hoping that our RE keeps us for another couple weeks after that, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I am feeling pretty good right now. Not nauseous at this second. I am leaving early today and we are heading to my sister's house for the long weekend. I am taking tomorrow off and Friday is a holiday. We called everyone right after we got done at the Dr.'s yesterday and everyone was so surprised and so excited.
If you are reading, please keep us and our precious babies in your thoughts & prayers. I will try and upload pictures soon.
Only few in stock
7 years ago
2 comments:
I am so excited for you. I have been hoping to see a post from you. I have always been so surprised at your strength to keep going even after your losses. You are an amazing woman and it sounds like you have an amazing husband. I am praying for sticky sticky babies!! Congrats & H&H 9mos.
This is so very exciting. I can't wait to hear your next update.
Post a Comment