Monday, March 9, 2009

Follie Check, 1, 2, 1, 2


Follistim Battle Scars...More than worth it if it brings our miracle!

We had our first follicle check of this cycle today. The appointment was at 9:00 so we had to leave the house by 7:00. DH & I stopped & got breakfast at McD's on the way in. I got their new McCafe Hot Chocolate (almost as good as a mocha) and a ham, cheese & egg McMuffin & DH got a sausage egg and cheese biscuit. I have the sweetest husband in the world. He has only missed ONE monitoring appointment during this whole process, and we have been doing injections for a year. He loves being there & he is so wonderful to take time off from work, get up so early & drive all the way there, all the way back & then drive in to work. On a day that we go in for an appointment, he drives almost 5 hours total in one day. I love him so much and can't wait to have his baby!!

So at my ultrasound, I didn't have a whole lot going on. Things are just getting started. I know my nurse counted 18 total follices on my right ovary (most of them not measurable) and I do have 3-4 follices that are right around 9mm. She believes that those will continue to grow togehter and stay at about the same size, which is great because I want to trigger with multiple follicles. As usual, she could not see my left ovary and boy did it hurt as she was looking! I hate how we can't ever get a good look at my left ovary because I want to know what kind of follie action I've got over there.

She called me at 1:53pm but I missed her call because I was on the phone with my boss. She left a voicemail with the plan, which is: continue 200iu tonight, tomorrow night and wednesday night and go back for another follie check Thursday morning at 9:30. She didn't leave my E2 (Estradiol) level on the VM and I didn't call her to get it. (Stupid of me, but I didn't want to bother her). I will ask her on Thursday though and will update with that E2 level as well as the one that I will get on Thursday. Compared to last time, I think things are going fairly the same. However, my biggest follie at this point last cycle was 10 something and I believe this time it was 9.3. I wish I knew my E2 level to compare. My guess is that it's not very high.

Exciting news regarding the one change in the cycle: We will be starting the lovenox 3 days past the trigger shot. I am pretty excited and a little nervous about this. I hope it was wise of me to ask for this. There must be something encouraging about it though since my RE agreed to it. The way I figure it, what we were doing hasn't been working, so what can it hurt to try something new?

I am really excited and I really, really hope this is it. The cycle that brings us our living, breathing, beautiful miracle.

No comments:

Can't Wait!!!

Can't Wait!!!
Twilight