It's been a while since I last posted and I have some exciting news. On October 23 I went to the pharmacy to pick up my Rx for Prometrium to bring on AF (Aunt Flow). Per my usual starting time, I figured cd 1 would fall on October 31 or November 1 and that would be the start of our new cycle. Well, God had bigger plans for my body. As it turns out, I didn't need the provera. Saturday morning, October 24, I woke up to full on bleeding. AF had arrived, sans meds!!!!!!!
Now, if you don't know my reproductive/gynecologic history, I have to explain why this is a big deal to me. When I was 16 years old, living in Singapore, I was first diagnosed with one of my blood clotting disorders, Factor V Leiden Hetero after my mother had tested positive for it. At that time, I had just started taking birth control pills. Let me rephrase that, birth control pill. I had taken one pill when they found the clotting disorder in my mom and called me right away and told me not to take any more. After finding out that I have it as well, I went to the gyno and got a shot of Depo Provera, or as I like to call it, the grim reaper of fertility. I got this because I was told that it didn't matter if I was prone to clots, it couldn't cause any harm. ONE of the worst mistakes of my life. No, no clot developed, but I didn't see my already scarce AF for 2 years. Thats right. I was 18 years old when I got my next period and that AF, that came in my dorm room my first year of college, was the last natural AF I had seen until the morning of October 24, 2009. Yes, it had been over 8 years since my body had done what it was naturally supposed to do.
So, you can see why both my DH and I were excited. In my not so expert opinion (and my DH's as well), I think the Metformin I have been on for 3 months now had something to do with it. I guess we will never know for sure. My RE Nurse seems to think that it could be that the pregnancies and all the treatments have spurred my body into working order again. It could be both. Who knows. What matters is that my body did one of the things it is naturally supposed to do. So, Follistim cycle #6 started a little earlier than I had planned. I am putting my faith in Him, that it was when He planned and he has a wonderful, miraculous and precious plan for us.
A little about this cycle: cd 1 was on October 24. We had our baseline on October 27 and everything looked great. Uterine lining was a 4. On all of our other baselines, my lining was 12+. We started 175iu of follistim that night. Our first follie check was Monday, November 2 and Nurse M (My favorite, sweet, wonderful nurse) did our ultrasound. Nothing much going on yet. As usual, couldn't see my left ovary. The right had 7 follicles, the biggest at 10.3. So not much at all. Estradiol came back inthe 150's which I was a little bummed/worried about at the time, although I was being a worry wart and terribly irrational.
We went back for another follie check yesterday, November 5. Nurse K (nice lady but not my fav) did the ultrasound. Nothing big enough of the left and only 2 leading on the right. They were 15.6 and 16.5 and they would be the only ones ready. She called that afternoon with the plan: one more night of 175iu follistim and we are triggering tonight!!!!!! I forgot to ask for my estradiol level. So, here we go!! I am excited, scared, nervous, all at the same time. Testing day will probably be November 20. We want this so bad. My heart needs this so much. No more heartbreak, please. This is the beginning of a new chapter of our life.
Only few in stock
7 years ago
2 comments:
I can't wait to see the outcome of this cycle! I am so praing that this is the one for you! I am praying for a sticky baby than snuggles in tight for 40 long weeks!!!
(((HUGS)))
-LCB
Crossing fingers & praying this cycle is THE one! That damn DepoProvera. I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the causes for all of my m/c and IF issues.
Post a Comment